365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save Garmin Location

4 posters

Go down

Save Garmin Location Empty Save Garmin Location

Post  Jerry Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am

Someone probably brought this up before, but I might not have paid attention. Anyway, in this past Sunday's race, I drove to the finish line and took the shuttle to the start. Worrying about my ability to find the car later, I saved the location in my Garmin 405. After the race, I just asked Garmin go to the save location and followed, worked perfectly. Fun!

Of cause it would be better if I can ask Siri. Very Happy
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Save Garmin Location Empty Re: Save Garmin Location

Post  Nick Morris Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:25 am

Neat feature...Does the 305 have that??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm

I've used this feature on many occassions, usually when travelling in foriegn cities like Shanghai or in Europe. It works great. The only problem is it works like a compass pointing the direction to home. In a lot of cities, there is no direct route. You'll eventually find it, but you might add a few miles to your run.

Another similar feature let's you retrace your run ("return to start" I think its called), essentially going back the way you came. It will tell you where to make all your turns. Again, the problem is you go back the same way, if you've already run 10 and only want to run 15 then retracing obviously gives you a 20 miler.

Both are useful tools, you just need to know when to appy them.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I actually thought about this function while I was running around Texas last weekend, and wondered if it worked. Luckily I didn't get lost, but in the future its nice to know I can rely on the "save location" function.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down