365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Garmin 410 and MacBook Pro

2 posters

Go down

New Garmin 410 and MacBook Pro Empty New Garmin 410 and MacBook Pro

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:28 am

Hello! I got a 410 for my birthday. I would like some pointers on how to transfer data to the computer.

I downloaded the Garmin ANT Agent. Apparently it detected the watch, and the watch said it was transferring data, but now what? If it did indeed transfer, where does it go? I logged into Garmin Connect first, but according to my dashboard there is no activity uploaded.

I feel like I am missing something!!

I used a Garmin 201 for years but never uploaded data since I had a Mac and at the time there wasn't software for it. I would like to be able to make full use of my new Garmin!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

New Garmin 410 and MacBook Pro Empty Re: New Garmin 410 and MacBook Pro

Post  JohnP Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:27 am

Peg, when you set up the ANT agent, did you specify your Garmin Connect account? When the watch transfers data, the agent then uploads it to Garmin Connect . All I can think of based on your post is that the account wasn't specified, or the ID/PW are incorrect. When set up correctly, it works pretty flawlessly.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks John.

Tonight I had more luck! It transferred data, but when I went to Garmin Connect it still said no data, until I clicked upload. That must have been the missing step!

Cool stuff!!

Now I need to figure out more about the watch and settings!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down