365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD

+33
GregC
Dave Bussard
carleenp
KathyK
Peg Coover
Seth Harrison
Scott C
Ben Z
fostever
Dave P
Diego
ounce
Michael Enright
Matt W
Bob
dot520
Chris M
John Kilpatrick
Julie
Alex Kubacki
KBFitz
Liz R
Nick Morris
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
Mark B
JohnP
T Miller
Dave-O
jon c
Jerry
healdgator
Schuey
37 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD - Page 6 Empty Re: 12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD

Post  Bob Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:15 pm

Schuey wrote: be right back Kristina needs food

Big eater....

Smile
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD - Page 6 Empty Re: 12 Weeks Down + 28 Weeks = DAD

Post  KBFitz Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Indeed, August, you do know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

Family always comes first. In the present case, pulling the plug is definitely the right call. I was very much looking forward to meeting Kristina and to sharing the trail, towpath and roads with you once again. It won't be the same without you. But it can wait for another time down the road a piece. I'm good with that. But I may call you from the Springfield Middle School gymnasium in Williamsport to file a brief race report if you like.

In the meantime, you should read two things. The first is David Riddle's blog entry from last year:

http://riddleruns.blogspot.com/2011/11/dream-2011-jfk-50-mile-race-report.html

This is mandatory reading for anyone who intends to nail this challenging 50 mile run.

The second is a fresh article by Lenny Bernstein in the Washington Post that features some history, insights and a very cool graphic of the course (the best I've seen):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/jfk50-a-soft-american-accepts-the-challenge/2012/11/05/6066df4a-1d86-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html

May you, Lisa & Kristina be well and in good cheer. To life!
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26 pm

KBFitz wrote:Indeed, August, you do know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

Family always comes first. In the present case, pulling the plug is definitely the right call. I was very much looking forward to meeting Kristina and to sharing the trail, towpath and roads with you once again. It won't be the same without you. But it can wait for another time down the road a piece. I'm good with that. But I may call you from the Springfield Middle School gymnasium in Williamsport to file a brief race report if you like.

In the meantime, you should read two things. The first is David Riddle's blog entry from last year:

http://riddleruns.blogspot.com/2011/11/dream-2011-jfk-50-mile-race-report.html

This is mandatory reading for anyone who intends to nail this challenging 50 mile run.

The second is a fresh article by Lenny Bernstein in the Washington Post that features some history, insights and a very cool graphic of the course (the best I've seen):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/jfk50-a-soft-american-accepts-the-challenge/2012/11/05/6066df4a-1d86-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html

May you, Lisa & Kristina be well and in good cheer. To life!

Kevin we will no doubt miss seeing you this year! I was so looking forward to it, trusted me I'm pretty bummed but have to do what is best right now.

Yeah Riddles race report was awesome! I was happy (to some extent) to read that he took a face plant on the APT like I did last year also!! Lot of great learning tips not only how to run JFK but a 50 miler in general. I loved how he held back last year and didn't get sucked in by Wardian to run with him on the tow path. There is no doubt that is were Riddle won the race!

YES WITHOUT A DOUBT CALL ME WHEN YOUR DONE!! I'M HOPING TO HEAR THAT ABOUT THAT SUB 8 RUN!!!! DANG I WANT TO BE THERE SO BAD THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Bob wrote:
Schuey wrote: be right back Kristina needs food

Big eater....

Smile

Huge eater like daddy!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 pm

You'll also learn from this 28 minute interview with your buddy, JFK50 race director Mike Spinnler, that you can actually watch the finish line complete with race commentary online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYs7HxUHeg&feature=relmfu

Apparently quite a few highly accomplished ultra runners are coming out for this one and we will receive gold medals in honor of the 50th edition of the race.
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Schuey, I'll just echo what everyone else has been saying. When you're ready to step to a starting line you'll be that much more mentally stronger to drop the hammer. I look forward to meeting you and Lisa someday at a race.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6