365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 12 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:04 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Penelope wrote:Keep up the good work. I'm also trying to decide on a training plan, and I think there's something to be said for doing the novice plan but really working on getting the pace down a bit. Maybe I should do that too. Hal's novice programs are just...so....boring....though. Argh. But they do help build a base so that next time you can move on to something more interesting.

Have fun at Poker tonight!

I totally agree with that! I went to trail running to avoid those boring runs but we are about to hit Winter here so I will have to take a break from that in a few months. I just want to run faster. I don't want to be slow anymore. I want to be in the 9's and 10's. Smile

You know what they say when you want something. You keep getting more wanting. Start knowing! I rather not put a judgment on your "pace" as slow or fast!

I find Hals plans a bit monotonous as well. There is no rule to say you can't mix it up a bit with some fun "faster" pace work outs. You can be running in the 9's and 10's the moment you start knowing you can! I think many people on this forum can help you design a plan to get take your knowing into being! Just ask!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
jon c wrote:Hope that your race goes well Chas! The guy I am training with has a similar run scheduled Saturday so he'll be able to tell me how that went.

Good luck in deciding how you want to train. Decide on a plan and go with it. I have no doubt that you are a very determined person once you set your sights on something. Cool

Thanks Jon! Maybe I'll do a "fill it in" training program here. Have everyone fill out a week of training for me. 14 coaches? hahahaa

That would be kind of fun!

Just read this. I like it 14 coaches. Maybe you can narrow it down a bit! lol
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:18 pm

I like your build-up Chas. You'll be in great shape by the time Houston training starts. Keep up the good looking consistency!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
jon c wrote:Hope that your race goes well Chas! The guy I am training with has a similar run scheduled Saturday so he'll be able to tell me how that went.

Good luck in deciding how you want to train. Decide on a plan and go with it. I have no doubt that you are a very determined person once you set your sights on something. Cool

Thanks Jon! Maybe I'll do a "fill it in" training program here. Have everyone fill out a week of training for me. 14 coaches? hahahaa

So does that mean you are volunteering for the #2 position????? But you're right, it's a mental battle. You can run faster, you just have to know you can and work hard!

Seth Harrison wrote:I like your build-up Chas. You'll be in great shape by the time Houston training starts. Keep up the good looking consistency!

Thanks Seth! I would like to go into Houston training feeling confident! Let's do this!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Chas!

I forget, are you doing the full at Houston?

And good job on the Warrior Dash! I couldn't do those obstacles and I would hate the mud and the fire would be too scary! Way to go!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 am

Kenny B. wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

That would be one heck of a training program... Exclamation Exclamation
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Peg Coover wrote:Hi Chas!

I forget, are you doing the full at Houston?

And good job on the Warrior Dash! I couldn't do those obstacles and I would hate the mud and the fire would be too scary! Way to go!

I'm only doing the half. No more fulls for me unless I can run them in 4:45 or less. The training is too hard when you run slow. I was missing a lot of weekday runs because of it. I would run but not the amount on the schedule.

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

That would be one heck of a training program... Exclamation Exclamation
Wouldn't it? What would your week look like for a slow runner like myself? I'm curious....
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Another late run of 2 miles. It went well considering I didn't even want to go out this late but I have poker tomorrow so I probably won't be able to squeeze one in before (unless I'm out really fast Smile )

I pushed the pace when I could but I just concentrated on keeping a steady pace throughout even on the hills.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:05 am

4:45 is my marathon PR--

Fast, slow, its all relative! However, marathon training takes a huge amount of time, for sure!

Glad you got out for an evening run.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Way to get your butt out the door even if you didn't feel like doing so. Those are normally the runs that mean the most...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Peg Coover wrote:4:45 is my marathon PR--

Fast, slow, its all relative! However, marathon training takes a huge amount of time, for sure!

Glad you got out for an evening run.

I know it's all relative and I want to feel good about marathons, I truly do. Maybe next year, I'll try Chicago again.

Nick Morris wrote:Way to get your butt out the door even if you didn't feel like doing so. Those are normally the runs that mean the most...

Thanks Nick! I did feel pretty good when I got home. Better than I would have felt if I were to stay in.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 pm

3 miles tonight. It was a great run and it was beautiful out. I started off at an easy pace and picked it up the last mile. I picked a fairly hilly route and I felt strong hitting them.

Hope everyone had a great run tonight too! I think the weather is getting cooler which means I can pull my snowboard out soon! This weekend is the big Colorado Ski sale at Sports Authority and Colorado Ski & Golf. People have been camping out since Monday for the deals.

Let's Run! Let's RIDE!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:16 am

Ski sale!?!? Jesus.......

Flame
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:24 am

It's hard to think about skiing yet, at least here.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:It's hard to think about skiing yet, at least here.

Yeah...that's a dirty word in my book. The only skiing I want to talk about is water skiing!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:56 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 12 195915_1955885943389_1429925001_2288364_2674150_n

Nick Morris wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:It's hard to think about skiing yet, at least here.

Yeah...that's a dirty word in my book. The only skiing I want to talk about is water skiing!!!

Baby that is a dirty word in MY book! I ride. That's the only way I know how to roll. And if there is fresh powder, I'm on it all day! Such a rush! Come out and I'll show you the ride of your life!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Looks like fun, but still....snow? We are totally excited about seeing some of our nights next week getting into the 60s!!! We average about 0.1" snow a year, which means we get about 1 1/2 inches once every 15 years!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm

I have nightmares about snow just because I hate driving in it so much. I'm glad you enjoy it, though!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 am

John Kilpatrick wrote:Looks like fun, but still....snow? We are totally excited about seeing some of our nights next week getting into the 60s!!! We average about 0.1" snow a year, which means we get about 1 1/2 inches once every 15 years!

I guess I should clear some stuff up. Denver doesn't see the snow like the mountains do. I actually hate Denver snow. It's usually sunny even when it's cold. I think we see sun 300 days of the year. It's very beautiful here. The snow is meant to stay in the mountains and the only time I get out and play in it is when I have my board strapped on. Smile

Julie wrote:I have nightmares about snow just because I hate driving in it so much. I'm glad you enjoy it, though!

Girl, I hate driving in the snow too. I have an hour drive on a good day. But like I said above, Denver doesn't see a whole lot of snow and when it does, it's gone in a day. No lie! That snow typically stays in the Rockies!!! Thank goodness!

This is why Tim thinks I couldn't handle Chicago. He doesn't think I could handle the cold, gray skies, and the snow.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Yesterday was beautiful here in Colorado. 70 degrees or so with a nice breeze. Tim and I took off for a run and it was so great!

4 miles

10:51

11:33 - hilly portion

11:00

11:00

Not too bad as far as keeping it easy. I find myself hanging out in 10:45-11:15 on easy runs. This is great news. My easy runs last summer were at 12:30! I do still have to walk from time to time at this pace but not nearly like I did before and usually that's just when I hit a steep hill. Back in the day, anything under 11 was a sprint! Yeah!!!

Today is the start of my "real" training schedule and not just my "today I feel like 3". I need to start building a base and getting my endurance back.

Now I just wish I knew what my schedule looked like. Tim isn't done with it yet. I told him to ramp me up slowly so I could keep holding the 10:45-11:15 easy pace because even if I stayed there for 13 miles, that's a PR!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Great job on the faster easy runs!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:Great job on the faster easy runs!

Thanks!!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:20 am

So after a frustrating morning of trying to read and actually understand guitar tabs, I had to get out and clear my head. Tim went out with me and he made me run 3 miles with the middle mile being faster than the first and last. He's trying to teach me how to read my pace without looking at my watch all of the time and believe me, it's hard.

When I feel like I'm going 10:45, I'm going 9:30. When I feel like I'm slowing it down to 11:15-11:30, I find myself at 12:30. I have tried counting strides in my head but really after 10, I am tired mentally and physically.

My watch read a little different than Tim's watch but mine is the old 305 and he has the 605.

10:56, 9:55, 11:25

I think I showed about 10 seconds slower on each mile than he did but either way I did what I was supposed to do. Easy - hard - easy.

Felt good but it was really hot out by the time we were on the roads. I didn't bring water and I think that was a mistake.

Then I went and met a friend at the bar. I said some stupid shit to her trying to be honest and she got really mad at me.

Sometimes, honesty isn't the best solution. Even when you think you need to say something or just want to be honest because that is who you are, you should just keep your fucking mouth shut. OH and don't try to fix it because you just continue to bury yourself and you don't even know what you said to dig the grave. I want to be honest to my friends and tell then when I don't agree with something or when I'm concerned about something. Why hide behind lies? Change fate right? Well..... I believe now some things are better left unsaid. They will have to figure things out for themselves. I will just be there to pick up the pieces and let them make whatever choices they need to make to get through something. No matter how terrible you think it is. They have to do it themselves.

A very hard lesson to learn. I want to help people and I need to learn to back off.

Chas has left the soap box. Please leave your comment cards in the box.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 am

It will be fine, Chas. Honesty is good and whatever was said, you meant no harm.

So, question: What is wrong with wearing a watch for pace?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 am

Nice workout Chas!! IT will take some time to learn your pace...as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day". I still think that honesty is the right way to go and your friend will probably eventually understand that you were right for being honest.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum