365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 8 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Sucks balls eh? I mean isn't that a good thing? I wish I had balls to be sucked. pale Is this a pic of all the blood rushing ... dooooown?? hahahah

You like teabags, don't you? Wink

HAHAHA...I am just reading this shit!!!! Hilarious...Now I wish I wouldnb't have went to bed last night. Sounds like a lot of good banter.

See! Now you know better! 365 after 10. Only 9.99 a minute.

Nick Morris wrote:
Tim M wrote:All I can do is shake my head when I read this blog. Laughing

Did I really start all of that shit...my bad... Laughing Laughing

Yes you did.

Ken Mello wrote:Its good to see that there is some occasional discussion of running in here. What a Face

Nick Morris wrote:
Ken Mello wrote:Its good to see that there is some occasional discussion of running in here. What a Face

Well a little. I only run like 4 days a week and only short runs right now. Working on stride and holding my pace. Shithead. Wink

"Some" is big stretch... afro

Trust me - Running by Chas is not nearly as interesting as 365 after 10

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:His neck? What about mine????? Got anything for my jaw? silent

TMJ??

Nah just TMD. hahaha

LOL...I litterally am rolling on the ground laughing!!!! lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:04 pm

hahahah awesome!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

TMJ??

Yeah, that's why lol!

What, did you expect it to be from something else?? affraid

YES! lol!

I know my girl and she answered it...TMD! BTW, niiiiiice, Chas! Haha!Because I can say that now - Page 8 Nudie
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 8 Empty A Run Post

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Went out for a short run tonight.

2 miles - 10:54

10:57
10:52

Felt great!

I really need to start thinking about a training program for Houston. Warrior Dash is in a month and that's not really a race. More like a 5K trail with obstacles. After that, I have nothing planned. WTF? Maybe Denver RnR? Yeah that sounds like fun! See where I'm at before Houston and base my training off that?

I wonder if Hal will allow me back on long enough to get his training program. Laughing Maybe I'll just Galloway my way through hahahaha

Last edited by ChasMcG on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

TMJ??

Yeah, that's why lol!

YES! lol!

I know my girl and she answered it...TMD! BTW, niiiiiice, Chas! Haha!Because I can say that now - Page 8 Nudie

hahaha you knew I couldn't let that go!

And what the fuck is that? hahahaha oh hell no! Dude got ahold of a smurf last night. He should wipe that off!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:22 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

TMJ??

Yeah, that's why lol!

YES! lol!

And what the fuck is that? hahahaha oh hell no! Dude got ahold of a smurf last night. He should wipe that off!

Poor smurf had some tea. Poor little dude Razz
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Chas - GREAT RUN! I'm so happy to see your excitement for running and see how much you are improving every time. You should be so excited, I am!! Keep up the good work, it's paying off! Approval Approval
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

TMJ??

Yeah, that's why lol!

YES! lol!

Poor smurf had some tea. Poor little dude Razz
From the looks of it, looks like it broke off in his mouth.

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Chas - GREAT RUN! I'm so happy to see your excitement for running and see how much you are improving every time. You should be so excited, I am!! Keep up the good work, it's paying off! Because I can say that now - Page 8 424776184 Because I can say that now - Page 8 424776184

Thanks! I'm much stronger than before. I'll get there. Just takes time and hard work!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:36 am

ChasMcG wrote:

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Chas - GREAT RUN! I'm so happy to see your excitement for running and see how much you are improving every time. You should be so excited, I am!! Keep up the good work, it's paying off! Because I can say that now - Page 8 424776184 Because I can say that now - Page 8 424776184

Thanks! I'm much stronger than before. I'll get there. Just takes time and hard work!

No doubt and your great attitude alone will more than likely get you there Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:43 am

Chas you've really gotten speedier! Keep up the great work!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Just read this page. Shaking my head. That is all Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 am

Nick Morris wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

No doubt and your great attitude alone will more than likely get you there Smile

Thanks Nick - I try to stay positive even though sometimes I just want to kick my own ass hahhaha

Julie wrote:Chas you've really gotten speedier! Keep up the great work!!

Thanks! We're getting there!

Mike MacLellan wrote:Just read this page. Shaking my head. That is all Wink

hahahahha did you expect something different??? hahahaha
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:26 am

It's not that I didn't want to run. I really did. Do you ever have one of those weekends where you're just on the go every second. It was literally like this

Let's go for a run....right after we take the car in to get fixed

Let's go for a run.....right after we drive to the mountains to hit a trail

Let's go for a run....right after we take the girls for a hike in 100 degree weather

Let's go for a run....right after we stop off at the 50th birthday party for your neighbor ... yeah right

Let's go for a run....right after I drive to Brush to drop girls off for the week, take Grandma to lunch, and visit Kirk's grave

Let's go for a run....right after softball

Let's go for a run....right after we have dinner but then decide going to visit a friend on the other side of town.

Let's go for a run....right after Shelby's 21st birthday dinner at a Italian place serving family style meals.

So...there are my excuses for Sat/Sun/Mon. Seriously? WTF? Was I too busy or too lazy?

Tonight, I wanted to run outside even in the heat but we have terrible lightening and thunderstorms. It was so creepy sounding so I hit the treadmill. Since I don't have a plan, I had no idea what to do tonight. I just knew I wanted to sweat and run hard.

So I warmed up with a 5 min jog and then jumped off for jumping jacks, and some other running in place workouts I learned from Insanity. I jumped back on the treadmill and set it for mountain climb. Increased every minute and I did a mile of that. Not too bad but had to really slow it down the last few. At 10 minutes, I was at 10% incline and .80. It dropped back to 1% and I finished the mile off at 5.5mph

Then a ran the 2nd mile at 1% incline which felt like nothing. 10:07 I stopped at .60 and .85 but at that point I increased the speed to 7.3 which is fast for me. I felt like I was pounding my feet down on the belt. I sounded like a dinosaur!

After that, I did some more stretches, situps, and called it a night.

I need a plan. I need direction. I need someone to tell me the same thing happened to them this weekend and that I'm awesome!!! hahahah okay....how abut the first 2?
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:13 pm

Hey Chas,
My daughter and I started running trails and I am liking it too . It's so different not boring at all and I think for sure it makes you a stronger runner., I just need to pick my feet up more so I don't face plant so much that is not fun:(
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 pm

You are AWESOME!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:26 pm

You are awesome and motivated and you've had a lot going on in your life the last few days! We all have lives and things that can get in the way of having a good run. That's one reason I get up at 4:15 or 4:45 most mornings. If I don't things will get in the way and I'll miss my run.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 pm

At least Mello visits your blog! Maybe I need to discuss things that are non-running related and more exciting.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 pm

amyjoann wrote:Hey Chas,
My daughter and I started running trails and I am liking it too . It's so different not boring at all and I think for sure it makes you a stronger runner., I just need to pick my feet up more so I don't face plant so much that is not fun:(

I feel the same way and the trails have really helped me with that. I'm more aware of my stride and strength. I can really see it on the streets, I don't slouch like I used to or shuffle my feet. My arms have even straighten up. I used to run with them like right under my boobs. Weird right?

Nick Morris wrote:You are AWESOME!!
Actually I think you're awesome king But thanks for being a friend and lying to me hahaha

Julie wrote:You are awesome and motivated and you've had a lot going on in your life the last few days! We all have lives and things that can get in the way of having a good run. That's one reason I get up at 4:15 or 4:45 most mornings. If I don't things will get in the way and I'll miss my run.

You are the one motivated! 4:15 in the morning takes a lot of convincing. I should have done that this weekend really and I would have beat the heat. But life does get busy. I have 2 girls, a husband that trains, a career that is very demanding and stressful, and a bunch of needy friends! hahaha If I could just get rid of the needy friends.....

Peg Coover wrote:

At least Mello visits your blog! Maybe I need to discuss things that are non-running related and more exciting.
I haven't seen him since! It was a drive by Mello!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Peg Coover wrote:

Right. Who wants to read about running?
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:44 am

Tonight's run was different than last nights. Tim and I went over to the fireroad. Starting off was tough tonight. My legs felt like bricks and suddenly I could feel sore muscles from last night's run? I didn't feel it at work today. I started off and I slowed the pace and just dug in. I could slowly feel my legs warm up and feel normal again. There were many times I wanted to quit and head home but Tim pushes me. He gets in front of me and I just follow. Sometimes I can keep up for a little while but tonight he was way ahead of me quick but I wasn't stopping. The second mile felt better and we turned around. Tim decided to take me through this really nice neighborhood by our house. The 3rd mile was even better and I felt my pace come back and I could feel my body straighten up. I did have to watch my feet more tonight. I wore my eye glasses today so I had to run in them. I can't change from contacts to glasses or vice versa in the middle of the day. Fucks me up but running in my glasses is really different. It's like my depth perception is off a bit. It's weird right? So I just kept it at an easy pace.

3.50 - 42:25 12:07 pace

2.0 - 12:37 pace
1.0 - 11:37
.5 - 11:10

Slower than usual on this route but by the end of the run, I was pretty happy. It really started off slow.

Tomorrow I go pick up the kids but I might try and squeeze a late run in. My job is stressful. If I don't work out, it starts to build and then I blow. It's usually at engineers. Seriously, I know you went to school for this but you need to actually work in the industry to fully understand it. Put a hard hat on for a week and then come tell me you don't want to accept my pipe. Fuck sticks. Ah...I feel better and for those here that are engineers, I'm sorry I told you to suck my dick today but have fun trying change acceptable material listed in your city spec book. Hopefully you live in a different city than me! hahaha

Have a great night everynight!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 am

Did you really call your customers "fuck sticks"? Classic Chas! affraid
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

I don't know if it's allergies or what but my contacts have been driving me crazy this week and I really don't wear glasses except for maybe a few hrs a year...but I couldn't go out with them because I don't think I see as well with them and am legally blind without them.

Hey you got out there and ran! Good for you!!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 am

Tim M wrote:Did you really call your customers "fuck sticks"? Classic Chas! affraid

lol! lol! lol!

Hi Chas! No need to catch up on the blog, this last page pretty much sums it up for me. I am with Tim though, just shaking my head.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:01 am

Chas, after trying to catch up a bit on your story and reading a bit here on your very lively blog, I wanted to say congratulations on your life changes and how you have gone after the things that you are passionate about.

It takes courage to make those changes and you are continuing to make progress from what I read here. It is people like you who help keep me going when I think I have it tough. In most cases, I probably have had it pretty easy in reality.

So keep on doing what you're doing. Keep thinking in terms of progress, not perfection.Because I can say that now - Page 8 424776184

That is all.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Tim M wrote:
Peg Coover wrote:

Right. Who wants to read about running?

This is a running forum??
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next