365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 6 Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 am

Julie wrote:Nice run, especially given the heat!
Thanks! It wasn't that bad but when the sun is out, it rises 30 degrees!

Mike MacLellan wrote:Soon is right. Consistency is going to bring you the improvement you're looking for. Hope the Cascadias treat your feet well.

Thanks Mike! Soon is right. I'm tired of being the slowest person here. I've lost weight and now it's time to move those legs! Without injury of course!! I'm hoping Tim will take me somewhere on Saturday morning to work those shoes!! I wanna be like Mike!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 6 Empty Run/Insanity

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 am

Tonight I wanted to do 4 miles but my youngest daughter wanted to ride her bike with me. I really want my kids to be active. I don't want them watching the Disney channel all day. So they both bike while I run. We snowboard (1 kid skis) almost every weekend in the Winter and my oldest now runs from time to time, even doing a 5K last month with her Dad! We typically do 3-4 miles when we go out but Morgan begged me to go to her school instead. So we took off. She does great on her bike but she is 7 so she likes to stop and drink out of her water bottle and check on me. I knew we would be stopping a lot tonight so I kept my pace in the 9's as best as I could. We were stopping so often, the pace never really bothered me unless we were going up the steep hill.

We only got 2 miles in and I really didn't feel like I even raised my HR. I hate those runs. I wanted to sweat. I wanted to feel the burn.

So we'll call that an easy run of junk miles. If I can drag my butt out of bed in the morning, I'll head out for a few miles before work. Wish me luck on that one haha

We got home and Tim was changed and ready to hit Insanity. So we did that. So it wasn't the best of the best runs but I still got some good workouts in!

I don't have my garmin in front of me but the first mile was in the 11's and the second was in the 10's. Then my garmin died so I don't know the final numbers but it wasn't one of my best Smile
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Chas -- You. Are. Getting. FASTER!!! Wow!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:39 am

Natalie Wolf wrote:Chas -- You. Are. Getting. FASTER!!! Wow!

She's right! Great job chas!

Plus, you look great--it doesn't seem like you have much left to go! By the way, what are the "fat burners" you referred to in another post?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks! Soon I'll be able to hold that 10 minute pace for half marathon. I have a long ways to go but with the support here, we can do anything!

Peg Coover wrote:

She's right! Great job chas!

Plus, you look great--it doesn't seem like you have much left to go! By the way, what are the "fat burners" you referred to in another post?

Thanks! I would be happy with 10 more but even happier with 20! As long as I go down and not up, I'm happy Smile

The fat burner is OxyElite Pro. I like that one and I don't like taking anything since I have been clean. But it seems to be more effective and I don't feel like I'm putting junk in my body. Just helping taking it out.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 6 269153_2210423786676_1429925001_2586770_2558013_n

Today was a trail run at Spruce Mountain. Our plan was to skip the loop up top and just run down and then run up again. The first round was tough. I blame it on a couple of margaritas last night. I really didn't think I drank that much but I felt terrible this morning. Did I not eat enough? We drove over to Larkspur and hit the trail. Going up was tough. Again, I tried to find a pace that suited me but I just never could. I'm sure this would have gone better under other circumstances. I watched Tim ahead of me holding a nice pace and soon he was gone. I just struggled all the way up. We met up top and started down. I held on close to him all the way down and I thought "Finally, I sweat it all out!"

Yeah...we circled around the mountain to get back to the entrance of the trail and I started to feel very light headed and sick. I know it was hot but again....I blame this on the margaritas. I caught up with Tim and he walked me back to the Jeep. So we got a little over 2 miles in before I wimped out.

We got home and I rested and then we went down to the dungeon to start Insanity. I ended up wimping out of this one too with only 13 minutes left. I just couldn't go on. I really was not feeling well. Tim finished up and I went to take a shower.

So I wimped today. I don't do it often but when I do, I feel like total shit. I'm making this up tomorrow damnit! Smile

The first mile was 14:49
The second mile was 11:27

suck. Tomorrow is a new day. Smile
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 6 Empty Why I wimped out today!!!!

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 6 267946_2211195805976_1429925001_2587876_6608440_n

It's all her fault!! hahaha
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

ChasMcG wrote:Because I can say that now - Page 6 267946_2211195805976_1429925001_2587876_6608440_n

Did she make you order Happy Hour margaritas? Did she make you drink the Patron?
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now - Page 6 Empty Morrison

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 6 270776_2213086293237_1429925001_2591784_5632693_nBecause I can say that now - Page 6 264756_2213064412690_1429925001_2591720_8384712_nBecause I can say that now - Page 6 263960_2213049692322_1429925001_2591707_5646972_n
Our original plan was to go to Manitou Springs and do Barr Trail again but we decided to avoid the traffic and head to Morrison. Morrison is known for Red Rocks Amphitheater.

Tim started off on the Turkey Trot trail and the girls and I started hiking up the Castle Trail. This trail is made for mountain biking too so there was a lot of traffic on it. The girls did good considering the climb. We stopped about 1.20 up and then saw Tim coming down. The two trails merge at the top. About a mile from that merge is the Summer White House Ruins. Tim didn't think the girls would make it because it was really steep and rocky. We'll work with them though and soon I'll get to post pictures of the house. So that was almost 2-1/2 miles with them today

Once down, I was feeling spunky and decided to go for my own run. I wasn't prepared but I had my trail shoes and that's all that mattered to me. So Tim took off with the girls and off I went to Turkey Trot. It was already close to 90 degrees at 9 in the morning.

I started off thinking I actually found a pace I could hold. Then I hit the steep incline. It made Spruce Mountain look like Chicago. I know I can be a good trail runner but it will take time. I power walked up at that point. Once I was past that, I was able to jog at a slow pace. I was a little nervous with the terrian. At a mile, I considered turning around and heading back down but I decided to go another half mile and make it 3 miles. At that point, it was a rolling section of the mountain and I was able to find a suitable pace. Slow still but I was moving those legs.

I turned around and started off slow and then started to push the pace more and more. Some sections the last mile were tricky so I just slow stepped down to avoid hitting a rock and flying off the side of the mountain.

At the end, there is one more steep section going up to the parking lot. I sprinted as hard as I could up that finishing my run. I ran out of water at my turn around but Tim was waiting there with water and chocolate milk MY FAVORITE RECOVERY DRINK!

I love him!! He's so good to me!

The hike was slow with the girls. About 45 minute pace hahahah We stopped A LOT. I can't say I even broke a sweat. Which is why I wanted to go on my own run

3 miles

1.00 - 20:45
2.00 - 15:24
3.00 - 11:39

Not the best but I'll get there. I give it to the trail runners here. That shit is hard!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Trail running IS hard. I didn't even post my splits for my trail run today, but they ranged from 13:00-16:00 minute/miles.
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:20 am

ChasMcG wrote:Because I can say that now - Page 6 267946_2211195805976_1429925001_2587876_6608440_n

That picture really got my imagination going. Twisted Evil
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:Trail running IS hard. I didn't even post my splits for my trail run today, but they ranged from 13:00-16:00 minute/miles.
I feel you. I might delete mine.... ouch. Smile

Ken Mello wrote:

That picture really got my imagination going. Twisted Evil

Oh yeah? Tell me all about it Ken Smile

Is it just me or does it look like my girl is cropped in?
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Because I can say that now - Page 6 270341_2224022206628_1429925001_2608879_6707658_n

I was just about to leave work and we started to hear the tornado sirens go off. Then we saw a couple funnel clouds. We could have sworn there was a tornado across the way at the concrete pipe place. And then we heard the freight train noise.... That shit was scary! I don't know if a tornado actually hit our building but it sure did sound like it. Here's a pic of what we thought was a small tornado or something about to be a tornado

Finally we all thought it was safe to leave but the drive was scary. Lots of rain and lightening. Lightening so low, it sent chills down my spine. So creepy.

Got home and decided it would be a lot of fun to .... RUN IN THE RAIN!

It started off wet and then got really humid. Humidity is hard on me...especially when you live in a dry climate. It's been really bad the last few days.

3 miles 11:36 pace

1.00 - 10:38 - The first 1.5 miles is uphill. I actually think I pushed it too much here. I was trying to hold the pace up the hills stopping at intersections or when I thought I was going to die.

1.08 -11:18 - I had to walk up the last hill. I was started to get a little too hot because of the humidity. I haven't felt that since we went to Michigan last year. Detroit is HUMID!

.93 - 13:00 - I guess I was getting too hot. I don't remember slowing down that much but I guess I did. I don't really want to go back to the shuffle run. Gee Dangit!

It was fun to run in the rain anyways.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 am

I would guess pushing it up the hills caused the time leak more than anything else. But I can't really blame you - rain+hills=double excitement. Glad to see there's still some running going on around here Very Happy
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:I would guess pushing it up the hills caused the time leak more than anything else. But I can't really blame you - rain+hills=double excitement. Glad to see there's still some running going on around here Very Happy

I love running. I love you

I just wish I was better at it. Of course when I started I was 35 pounds heavier and my average pace was 16 minutes. It has been a slow process though. Every mile counts.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

We went back to Spruce Mountain today. Always fun but it has been humid here and it was like running in the rain forest. Yeah it was raining. I stopped throughout to get my HR down but I tried to hold a decent pace when I ran.

It was a short one today since Tim has a race tomorrow.

3.14 - 12:32

1.04-14:04
1.06 - 12:58
1.04 - 10:33

Still fun. I love trail running and with hard work I'll get better.

Have a great Sat night!

ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 pm

After Tim's race, I went for my run and I was surprised he went with me. We have having some major humidity right now and I'm not doing good with it. I have no idea why either.

Anyways, 3 miles down and next week is a new week and hopefully with no humidity. Oh and I have been rained on the last 4 runs. I love running in rain but damn!

After our run, I had softball. I play 1st base and I was rocking it out tonight! I tagged someone out for a double play. Caught the very first hit. OUT. Second hit. OUT AT 1ST. I was pretty proud of myself because you should have seen me play before when we started. hahaha

We still lost but we had them the whole game until the last inning. If we were home team, we may have had a chance because we would have been able to bat again. This season has not been good. We all play good but we have so many fill-ins that we only have 5 that play consistantly. That usually causes a lot of problems in the outfield. I love softball so much but I'm a bit tired of my team. I want to win some times.

That is pretty much it for my weekend. Hope you all had a great one as well!

Very Happy
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Those were some great pictures - you live in an awesome spot! Double play - you go girl!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Chas! Great job on the running and weight loss! You look great and are a lot faster, now, too. I agree with Natalie--trail running is really hard and makes everyone slower. I think it has something to do with the trail being softer than pavement or concrete and absorbing the energy of your footsteps instead of transmitting the energy back up your legs. Or at least that's what I've heard, I have no idea. But great job on the running! Great to hear that your girls are biking while you go.
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Those were some great pictures - you live in an awesome spot! Double play - you go girl!

Thanks!

Penelope wrote:Hi Chas! Great job on the running and weight loss! You look great and are a lot faster, now, too. I agree with Natalie--trail running is really hard and makes everyone slower. I think it has something to do with the trail being softer than pavement or concrete and absorbing the energy of your footsteps instead of transmitting the energy back up your legs. Or at least that's what I've heard, I have no idea. But great job on the running! Great to hear that your girls are biking while you go.

Hey!! I don't even see you on facebook anymore! How are things going? You're moving to Chicago soon I read! Very cool and I'm SOOOO JEALOUS! My favorite place!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
You're moving to Chicago soon I read! Very cool and I'm SOOOO JEALOUS! My favorite place!

Then you should move here! Very Happy bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
You're moving to Chicago soon I read! Very cool and I'm SOOOO JEALOUS! My favorite place!

I have always wanted to live in Chicago. But Tim doesn't think I can handle the weather. The last week Denver has had some crazy humidity and it's KILLING ME! hahahhaha But I think I could get used to it or just deal with it. Smile
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Just wanted to say hi and also tell you that your not the only one that has a hard time with the heat and humidity. Just stay with it Chas. Oh tell Tim I have to read his race report, I'm getting there. Sucks trying to catch up on everything over here. Heck if it was Hal's site I would have been caught up a long time ago. Way to much going on around here. That's a good thing Very Happy
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

I have always wanted to live in Chicago. But Tim doesn't think I can handle the weather. The last week Denver has had some crazy humidity and it's KILLING ME! hahahhaha But I think I could get used to it or just deal with it. Smile

Ehhh...the heat and humidity are sooooo nothing! It's the brutal winters and snow...see, you could snowboard! Think winter! Yeah, do that! You can make it through the summer here! Haha!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

Ehhh...the heat and humidity are sooooo nothing! It's the brutal winters and snow...see, you could snowboard! Think winter! Yeah, do that! You can make it through the summer here! Haha!

No shit!!! The winter's suck balls and last FOREVER!!! pale pale pale
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum: