365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Because I can say that now

+23
jon c
Joel H
amyjoann
Nick Morris
Penelope
Ken Mello
Julie
Tom H
John Kilpatrick
Matt W
Jeff F
Natalie
Paula Sue
Jerry
Kenny B.
Peg Coover
KathyK
Tim M
Seth Harrison
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
ChasMcG
27 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Because I can say that now Empty Because I can say that now

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 am

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for this site. I was so tired of Training Peaks and extremely tired of Hal and all that drama.

So to a new start! I love you With Emoticons! How awesome is that?

And I think we can say Fuck here. Right? I better ask tongue

Since the last time I kept a blog, I have run a few half marathons and attempted another marathon. Which I sucked at. Again. I have come to realize that the distance doesn't like me. I gave it two chances but until I get faster, I just can't put my body through that again.

This year we switched our focus to trail running. I did my first race a couple of months ago. It was a 5K and it was awesome. I feel like a stronger runner on trails. I have no idea why and I don't care! It was so fun and it was very challenging!

I'm not really on a plan right now because honestly I have no idea how to train for trail racing. I'm open to listen to any suggestions you have! I'm looking for another race next month and I'm doing the Warrior Dash in August. Can't wait!

I promise to make more of an effort to post my runs. Life is busy but I missed you all.

Thanks for welcoming me back with such open arms. My family is here.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now Empty Re: Because I can say that now

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 am

Chas, it's great to have you back! I'm sorry we lost touch...

I think it's great that you like trail running and I completely understand what you're talking about when you say you feel like a stronger runner. There's just something so cool about running trails, isn't there? I'm excited to follow your progress and your blog...Hopefully we see you guys again soon!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:43 am

Chas it's awesome to have you back and I look forward to following your training and progress as a runner. You will find that we have a few people that are into trail running these days and I'm sure they will be more then happy to help you out.

I do have agree with you that trail running is awesome. Lisa and I went out and ran the National in D.C. she did the marathon and I ran the half for a tune for Boston. The next day Chris (I think you know Chris) had signed me up for a 10k trail race which was pretty technical. I have to admit I did pretty well and I had one of my best times running doing that race. So here is to your journey with trail running.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Chas, it's great to have you back! I'm sorry we lost touch...

I think it's great that you like trail running and I completely understand what you're talking about when you say you feel like a stronger runner. There's just something so cool about running trails, isn't there? I'm excited to follow your progress and your blog...Hopefully we see you guys again soon!

I'm sorry too. Let's not do that again. Trails are so cool, I just wish we had more around us. We have to driver forever to get to any good ones. I'm going to Breckenridge this weekend so I'm hoping to hit one while I'm there! Well.....in between Patron shots hahaha

Schuey wrote:Chas it's awesome to have you back and I look forward to following your training and progress as a runner. You will find that we have a few people that are into trail running these days and I'm sure they will be more then happy to help you out.

I do have agree with you that trail running is awesome. Lisa and I went out and ran the National in D.C. she did the marathon and I ran the half for a tune for Boston. The next day Chris (I think you know Chris) had signed me up for a 10k trail race which was pretty technical. I have to admit I did pretty well and I had one of my best times running doing that race. So here is to your journey with trail running.

That's great you did that one! I think a 10K is in my future. We have a lot out here because of the mountains so now I just need to pick one right!?!?!

Where do you guys have to go to hit them in your area? I know it's pretty flat but do you have any close?
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 am

Well it depends we can go out the burbs and find some trails but nothing like what you got. I would say we would have to drive at least an hour for some really good stuff and even longer. The race I did was in D.C. in the mountains so it was way cool. One of these days we are just going to have to move out west.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 am

ChasMcG wrote:

I'm sorry too. Let's not do that again. Trails are so cool, I just wish we had more around us. We have to driver forever to get to any good ones. I'm going to Breckenridge this weekend so I'm hoping to hit one while I'm there! Well.....in between Patron shots hahaha

Schuey wrote:Chas it's awesome to have you back and I look forward to following your training and progress as a runner. You will find that we have a few people that are into trail running these days and I'm sure they will be more then happy to help you out.

That's great you did that one! I think a 10K is in my future. We have a lot out here because of the mountains so now I just need to pick one right!?!?!

Where do you guys have to go to hit them in your area? I know it's pretty flat but do you have any close?

It won't happen again...promise Smile I love you
Patron shots...yummy!!!!! Razz
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:11 am

Schuey wrote:Well it depends we can go out the burbs and find some trails but nothing like what you got. I would say we would have to drive at least an hour for some really good stuff and even longer. The race I did was in D.C. in the mountains so it was way cool. One of these days we are just going to have to move out west.

Yeah you do! It's beautiful here. I want to move to the mountains so bad. With snowboarding and running...it just makes sense!

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:

It won't happen again...promise Smile I love you
Patron shots...yummy!!!!! Razz

It's the only way I roll hahaha
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 am

Glad to see another trail runner here. We're still outnumbered, but we're growing. Then again, I'm not even full-fledged yet... Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 am

Hey Chas, great to see you here.
Go check out MarkB's blog called "Breaking Away". He's also started focusing on trail running.
I do the majority of my running trails (for the most part, smooth, well-groomed, non-technical trails). If nothing else, you'll find that your recovery will be a lot easier than recovering from the pounding your legs take on asphalt.
Have fun!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:Glad to see another trail runner here. We're still outnumbered, but we're growing. Then again, I'm not even full-fledged yet... Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
I'm pretty new at it and I do more road running than anything. My love is in the trail though Very Happy

Seth Harrison wrote:Hey Chas, great to see you here.
Go check out MarkB's blog called "Breaking Away". He's also started focusing on trail running.
I do the majority of my running trails (for the most part, smooth, well-groomed, non-technical trails). If nothing else, you'll find that your recovery will be a lot easier than recovering from the pounding your legs take on asphalt.
Have fun!

Hey Seth! Yeah I've noticed his training on FB. I always seem to be a follower of Mark hahaha I did the HR training and now the trails. Winning!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 am

I'm off to Breck for the weekend. I plan on doing at least one trail run while I'm there. See I was having drinks WEDNESDAY night with some friends. We had the bright idea to go away for the weekend. It was basicly "We should do this!" That's what you get with 3 drunk chicks on a Wed night. 5 minutes later we were texting husbands and making reservations.

Hopefully my consumption of Landshark and Patron will not prevent me from running. Wink JK - tomorrow morning it's on! I can't wait! I don't get to run that many trails so I'm excited! I'll take my camera and post pics. Just as soon as I figure out how to do that here.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 am

ChasMcG wrote:See I was having drinks WEDNESDAY night with some friends. We had the bright idea to go away for the weekend. It was basicly "We should do this!" That's what you get with 3 drunk chicks on a Wed night. 5 minutes later we were texting husbands and making reservations.

You forgot to include a lot of totally's thrown in ("we should TOTALLY do this"), numerous wooooo's ("OMG, I love this song! Wooooooo!"), and promises of videos from the drunkfest.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:26 am

Chas!! So glad to see that you and Tim are here, too! The other place just wasn't the same once y'all stopped posting.
I'll look forward to following your trail training!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

Yay, Chas is back too! Trails are f-ing hard!!! (I know, I can say THAT but.....)
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 am

That was a helluva welcome back party for you! I am jumping out my draws cheers about to explode bom as I bounce bounce around here!

Look forward to your training and whatever plan you decide on. Trail running is nice to do. Usually once a week I am on a trail. Like to do more but time does not permit during the week!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 am

Chas can finally do a Friday Thread now. pirat
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Paula Sue Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 pm

So I don't have to buy a ticket for DEN now! I looked out on the memberlist and there you were with 15 posts already! I'm so glad to see you...and everyone else! And (in keeping with the running theme) I LOVE trail running. It's the only place to find hills in NW OHIO. OH...I don't HAVE to keep with the running theme...well then, what the....(you thought I was going to say that didn't you Laughing ). Luv ya, Chas
Paula Sue
Paula Sue
Poster
Poster

http://oceanbreeze-lake-erie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Happy Trails Chas!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Chas, welcome! Another trail runner, great to hear, I am doing the same thing. I look forward to being entertained.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:15 am

Tim M wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:See I was having drinks WEDNESDAY night with some friends. We had the bright idea to go away for the weekend. It was basicly "We should do this!" That's what you get with 3 drunk chicks on a Wed night. 5 minutes later we were texting husbands and making reservations.

You forgot to include a lot of totally's thrown in ("we should TOTALLY do this"), numerous wooooo's ("OMG, I love this song! Wooooooo!"), and promises of videos from the drunkfest.

Yes that is totally how it went!!! But here I am in a cabin in Breck in a Friday night sleeping on the pull out couch. Party hard!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 am

KathyK wrote:Chas!! So glad to see that you and Tim are here, too! The other place just wasn't the same once y'all stopped posting.
I'll look forward to following your trail training!

It wasn't the same for us! Honestly we were both a little lost without you guys. Glad to be back!

Peg Coover wrote:Yay, Chas is back too! Trails are f-ing hard!!! (I know, I can say THAT but.....)

You can say that! Haahaha. I love me sone trails!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:32 am

Hi Chas! I'm glad you found some trail-lovin' mojo that works for you. I'll be looking forward to following along with your adventures, even if it makes me shake my head and mutter, "Oh, Chas," sometimes. Shocked Wink

When are you and Tim coming to Vegas again?
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:25 am

Kenny B. wrote:That was a helluva welcome back party for you! I am jumping out my draws cheers about to explode bom as I bounce bounce around here!

Look forward to your training and whatever plan you decide on. Trail running is nice to do. Usually once a week I am on a trail. Like to do more but time does not permit during the week!

Thanks! I'm glad to be back. We have to drive to our trails. I wish we had some closer. I love them

Jerry wrote:Chas can finally do a Friday Thread now. pirat

Yes I can! Can't wait!

Paula Sue wrote:So I don't have to buy a ticket for DEN now! I looked out on the memberlist and there you were with 15 posts already! I'm so glad to see you...and everyone else! And (in keeping with the running theme) I LOVE trail running. It's the only place to find hills in NW OHIO. OH...I don't HAVE to keep with the running theme...well then, what the....(you thought I was going to say that didn't you Laughing ). Luv ya, Chas

You're funny! I love the adventure in it!

Natalie Wolf wrote:Happy Trails Chas!

Thanks!

Jeff F wrote:Chas, welcome! Another trail runner, great to hear, I am doing the same thing. I look forward to being entertained.

I am excited there are so many trail runners here! I have so much to learn!

Matt W wrote:

Hi Chas! I'm glad you found some trail-lovin' mojo that works for you. I'll be looking forward to following along with your adventures, even if it makes me shake my head and mutter, "Oh, Chas," sometimes. Shocked Wink

When are you and Tim coming to Vegas again?

Oh Chas.... Very Happy

We were talking about doing the marathon again this year especially since it's a night race! Sounds fun!
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Because I can say that now Empty Breck Trail

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:45 am

I went to Breck for a couple of days. It wasn't nearly the fun I thought it would be. My two friends are sisters and when they are together, they mold into some weird alien. The interuptors. The competitors. The mean girls. Geez. It was exhausting to be honest and I wish I would have skipped this trip. I drank a lot Friday .... probably trying to deal with them.

I woke up (I barely slept) and decided I needed some air. I needed to clear my head. I needed to prepare for the last day there. Thankfully they slept in until like 12.

So I put my running shoes on and took off. It was cold but when the sun came out it warmed up fast. There is still a lot of snow up there. Seriously the best season we have had in years. We pretty much spent all Winter boarding. It was amazing.

I'm going to try and post some pics if I can figure it out hahahah

Anyways, I started heading up the mountain. I wanted to sweat the liquor out and clear my head so I didn't freak out on my friends. I just kept going and going. Then I got to the top and that's where I found a trail. I wanted to run on one so bad. For some reason, I feel like a stronger running on the trails than the flat roads. I went up and up and I guess about 3/4 up, I decided to go down. I was by myself at that point so I thought I would keep safe and head back. I didn't bring my garmin so I have no idea how far I went and how fast. I'm assuming slow since I drank so much. I tell you though, it helped. I felt refreshed after the run. Yesterday was a better day with those two but it was still bad. I couldn't get into my car fast enough this morning.

The trail was great though! A perfect trail with trees roots, rocks, mud, and even some ice. It was so cool. I like running up. I can't hold a pace yet but I'm getting better. Even though I drank, I tried to push myself. I did 20 long fast strides and then would walk and do it again. I ran all the way down with no walking. The altitude was tough....or maybe that was the patron....hard to tell.... scratch

Last edited by ChasMcG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To put color in my runs)
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:49 am

You're sounding like a seasoned ultrarunner with that pre-run alcohol loading. Wink I agree though, nothing better for a (mild) hangover than a run. Sounds like it was a gorgeous one, too.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum: