365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon

4 posters

Go down

Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon Empty Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon

Post  charles.moman Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon Eagle_11

Today, 37 folks showed up for a practice run on the Eagle Creek night marathon route. It was about 20, sunny and beautiful. Most of the trail was lightly snow covered, but you could see the roots and rocks easily. Last week, Susie and I found most of the route, but not all of it. Today I got to see all of it and it is a nice trail through Eagle Creek. There are a couple of very narrow tricky parts that people will have to be careful with or they could end up in water. Most of the route is at least wide enough for side by side running and many parts much wider.

I am excited about this new running adventure at night - in the winter, no less.
The race sold out today, so there will be 500 split out among the quarter, half and full.
There are only 70 in the full and I am the ONLY ONE in my age group of 60-69.
So, if I can crawl to the finish by 2 AM, I will get an AG at a marathon!

Mark - I am sure you were expecting a trail like this at the Tecumseh - no big hills at all - mostly flat and not too technical. I only slipped a few times today, but no face plants! Hopefully the weather will be decent that night in two weeks. Good times.
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon Empty Re: Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon

Post  Mark B Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Sounds positively bucolic compared with Tecumseh, Charles!

Well, except for the whole running-in-the-dark bit... affraid

I can't wait to see the report. Have fun out there - and don't fall in the creek!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon Empty Re: Joined a practice run today for my night trail marathon

Post  charles.moman Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Actually, at one spot early in the route you could fall in the lake!
At midnight and in the teens, that could be an issue real fast! Dead
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Oh boy! Looking forward to this race report! Is it a loop or once you've cleared a dicy obstacle, it's over not to be revisited.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  charles.moman Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:30 pm

The route through the woods and around the end of the lake is 6.55 miles.
I will do it 4 times - so I should know where to be careful and I will be!
Most of the route is quite runnable - even in the dark I believe.
It certainly will be a whole new experience. Shocked
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

this should be cool
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down