365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

+35
Lauren
Jack_Scaff
Liz R
Dave-O
jon c
Mark B
Penelope
Joel H
Chris M
JohnP
Jim Lentz
Nick Morris
fostever
Alex Kubacki
rhondda h
Vivian
Dave P
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
ChasMcG
mul21
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Tom H
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
Julie
KathyK
Natalie
Seth Harrison
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Matt W
Mrs. Schuey
39 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 19 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Nick Morris Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Awesome post Lisa...and yes...you WILL kick that courses ass on the 9th. It WILL be your bitch!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 19 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Julie Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 pm

sounds like it was a great event! I hope your knee is feeling good and that everything is lining up for Chicago without you worrying too much about any taper junk.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

DWD sounds like a fun race, Lisa.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm

aww you two are so cute together!

Hey I wondered what you have planned between Chicago and Bayshore. Anything? Survive the winter?
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Nice pictures!

I saw a few of these today during my race. Some of them snuck up on me or had people running on them so I didn't get pictures but there were a few "RELAX LISA RELAX LISA" and "FLY LISA FLY"s that I saw.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 19 P1010710

Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Matt that picture is so awesome. Hey I know you are running Boston but maybe you will think about joining us at Bayshore and run with Lisa and I. Something to think about buddy, it sure would be fun like old times.

Lisa just YES, Matt needs to come and run with us.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Julie wrote:aww you two are so cute together!

Hey I wondered what you have planned between Chicago and Bayshore. Anything? Survive the winter?

Thanks Julie! You and your hubby and your little girl are beyond cute for words. I told Martin the other day when looking at your pics that you can literally feel the love through the computer. That's some powerful stuff, my friend! God brought us together as friends and I really hope we get to meet up sometime soon at a race!

Matt W wrote:Nice pictures!

I saw a few of these today during my race. Some of them snuck up on me or had people running on them so I didn't get pictures but there were a few "RELAX LISA RELAX LISA" and "FLY LISA FLY"s that I saw.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 19 P1010710

Matt, that picture is just A-W-E-S-O-M-E and JUST what I needed to see. I told Martin when we were looking at that picture that I was going to print that pic off, and I am. Thank you for posting that....couldn't have come at a better time!

BTW, I think you should do Bayshore with us! Chas and Tim are running it and I think it would completely cool for you to be there! We'll try and get Dave B. to run the half too. What do you think???
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:14 pm

I would love to be at Bayshore, but I just don't have the travel budget for it and it's tough for me to get there since I always have a big school event I help lead the day before. It was a lot of fun when it worked out in 2008 though.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Matt W wrote:

I would love to be at Bayshore, but I just don't have the travel budget for it and it's tough for me to get there since I always have a big school event I help lead the day before. It was a lot of fun when it worked out in 2008 though.

Make it work in 2012 Smile
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Cool pics from DWD! I'd like to do that race someday. See you in one week!
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Chris M wrote:Cool pics from DWD! I'd like to do that race someday. See you in one week!

DWD is definitely a race worth doing! Hope to see you out there one of these years for it!

1 week! WOOHOOO! We can't wait to see you and hopefully Jen and Cassidy as well. Too bad you can't fly the doggies, they'd be more than welcome to stay here....say, that's an option...what if you flew the doggies?
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:08 am

I love the photos from DWD Lisa. It's looks like such a blast. Hope you're feeling great for next week!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks Seth! It was an absolute blast and I look forward to heading back next year.

I should disclose that I rolled my ankle (the one I tore the ligaments in 2 years ago) pretty bad. I got through the first leg in pain, but finished strong. We had a nurse as one of our team members and he had a whole package of first aid stuff in the car. He gave me a couple of Motrins and then before my next leg, I took a couple more. Then I had a couple more after that to keep the pain away. Then, I had a copious amount of beer and was definitely feeling no pain. Come to think of it, I did the same thing before I got my belly button pierced years ago, sans Motrin.

Well, since DWD I've tried running and have that oh-so-familar dull pain of a sprain working. Without getting too melodramatic, Sunday will be what it will be. My knee is just a little sore still, but whatever.

Running has been very minimal since DWD, so we shall see.

On another note: I went to the gym the other day to try running on the treadmill and when I went to my channel 27 (Country videos), it was GONE! What the deuce?!?! There's some Latin rap shit in it's place. Grr. Hopefully when I go back, it's back. There's everything but country and I will raise hell if it's gone. There were a lot of long runs in the winter to that channel.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Time to run up to Whole Foods and buy some Traumeel. I'm going to look like a doopa on race day: 2 knee straps and an ankle wrap. Hahah! Simply. A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Just what I've worked hard all summer for! Not.

It's alright, the whole objective of this Chicago Marathon is to run with my granny in my mind and for all of those suffering with Alzheimer's. Would a nice PR have been great? Absolutely, but if it doesn't happen, I know that I will have done my best for a good cause.

Good luck to all those racing this weekend!

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Take it easy until Sunday, like, maybe not run till then? You need to heal up from all your injuries and everything!

I'll keep you posted about Bayshore. It sounds like you'll have quite the group!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Julie wrote:Take it easy until Sunday, like, maybe not run till then? You need to heal up from all your injuries and everything!

I'll keep you posted about Bayshore. It sounds like you'll have quite the group!

Yeah, that's how it's looking. I will try to throw in a couple of miles here and there, but like I told Martin tonight - it's not like whatever I do between now and Sunday will lend me a huge PR. I need to make sure I get my ankle strong again and work on getting my knees stronger.

Bayshore...Bayshore.....you HAVE to do Bayshore!!!! We do have a good group coming....you need to come!!!! Repeat: I will be running Bayshore in 2012! Haha!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 pm

One, love your dwd pictures! Two, hope you're taking it easy and I'll be thinking about you Chicago runners on Sunday! Good luck!!
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Julie wrote:Take it easy until Sunday, like, maybe not run till then? You need to heal up from all your injuries and everything!

Yeah, that's how it's looking. I will try to throw in a couple of miles here and there, but like I told Martin tonight - it's not like whatever I do between now and Sunday will lend me a huge PR. I need to make sure I get my ankle strong again and work on getting my knees stronger.

Bayshore...Bayshore.....you HAVE to do Bayshore!!!! We do have a good group coming....you need to come!!!! Repeat: I will be running Bayshore in 2012! Haha!

Yeah, just have to see about the whole baby thing...haha! I will not run Bayshore in my 3rd trimester, I will not run Bayshore in my 3rd trimester.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey there - just dropping in and catching up - took me a little while to become human again! You had me laughing out loud at your shut the f up knee post! I just wanted to say that you are a f-ing rockstar already. I haven't experienced exactly what you are going through with the knee/ankle thing, but they sound like they have the potential to be real injuries - you do what you can and let whatever happens happen. You've been a battler already, so I hope you can just have some fun at Chicago - I can feel the excitement from south Georgia already - sounds really cool to be at a huge event like that. I hope you get a time that makes you happy, but I'm proud of you for getting there to toe the line on Sunday. Have a Happy Day and race well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:36 am

Those pictures are awesome, especially the one with you covered in mud. That's what it's about. Good luck this weekend.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:39 am

Hey girlie...sorry I haven't responded in a while but I have a huge project going on at work. DWD LOOKS AWESOME, I plan on doing that someday and that actually could be on my list for next fall (if I find a way to get in). As for Bayshore, it is a no go. My big race next spring is the Texas Independence Relay and I am the captain. I plan on taking things slow after that race and not running a full marathon until at least the fall. I will keep working on the wife to get her to go to Chicago but for some reason 20 mile runs in 80+ temps just don't sound all that fun. Wink

Good luck this weekend and remember to race hard but race smart and go kick some a$$!!!
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:09 am

Alright fellow KOA teammate...it is time to bear down and go out there and give it your all!! I wish you and Martin the best of luck this weekend. I know how badly you have been wanting to kick the shit out of this marathon. I have faith that all of the pieces will fall together and you will do just that Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:21 am

It's almost time!

Good luck out there this weekend, Lisa. It's time to kick some Chicago ass.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Good luck, Lisa!
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Cool photos of the crazy race, Lisa.

Ignore Nick, you don't want to injure your ankle again for that stupid fantasy point. Beside, Schuey is not racing. lol!

Good luck on the weekend!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Lisa, have a good race Sunday!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next