365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

+35
Lauren
Jack_Scaff
Liz R
Dave-O
jon c
Mark B
Penelope
Joel H
Chris M
JohnP
Jim Lentz
Nick Morris
fostever
Alex Kubacki
rhondda h
Vivian
Dave P
Ken Mello
Peg Coover
ChasMcG
mul21
Schuey
Dave Wolfe
Tom H
Jerry
Michele "1L" Keane
Kenny B.
Julie
KathyK
Natalie
Seth Harrison
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Matt W
Mrs. Schuey
39 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

ChasMcG wrote:I remember that place! Great job and everything does happen for a reason. VICTORY! Nice! 14 miles on a Friday night? You totally deserve that beer girl. This is my party night. As I sit here on 365 Smile

Yeah, it's a cool little place...and we got Pat's Pizza!!

Hahaha! It must be both our party nights...on 365...hahaha!

Thanks for the props on my run Chasbacca.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 Empty Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  Kenny B. Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:06 am

Friday the 14th never looked so good. (corny I know) Great splits and run.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:58 am

awesome run! Especially at the end of the day. You are going to have such a good marathon! Now you have your long run out of the way for the weekend, I'm assuming. Enjoy!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Friday the 14th never looked so good. (corny I know) Great splits and run.
Thanks! I didn't think that 14 miles on a Friday night were going to happen, but when we were out there, I figured if we're out here, we might as well finish it out. The Hop Wallop was really good at the end of the run!

Julie wrote:awesome run! Especially at the end of the day. You are going to have such a good marathon! Now you have your long run out of the way for the weekend, I'm assuming. Enjoy!

Yeah, the long run is out of the way. We have the Race to Taste tomorrow and I am not racing it, but I'd like to push the pace a bit. We get a strip of Taste tickets and to be honest, the last thing I want to do after meeting up with BigDogMom and hanging at the Taste is to run 14 miles Neutral Soooo...we covered the distance on Friday, I ran and easy 5 today and tomorrow is 3.1, with 2 extra miles to do. I will do the 2 miles as a warmup before the race tomorrow morning, which starts at 9am.

Thanks for the post Kenny and Julie! I am looking forward to posting about how great Chicago goes for me. (I figure if I tell myself that now, I'll believe it and it will be easier to do...)
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 am

Sitting here getting ready to go to bed...have to get up early tomorrow to catch a quick 2 miles and then the Race to Taste. We just heard Zac Brown Band's, "Toes" and reminisced on the first time we heard it. It's amazing how a song can take you back to the exact moment you first heard it. This song was heard on our way down to get married in Key West. We heard it for the first time with my father in law as we were going over the bridge in Key Largo. We all laughed when the words, 'Gonna lay in the hot sun and roll a big fat one'.....hahaha!

Edit: "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" just came on afterwards, which is perfect. The day of our wedding, Martin and I went to Margaritaville with my mom and dad. This is Jimmy Buffet's restaurant....ahhhh....the memories. God, I can't wait to get back to Key West! It's such a great area! http://www.margaritavillekeywest.com/
If you haven't heard it, you HAVE to listen to this song! It's not only a great song, but perfect for summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiL_beZtiQc

We got married on Smathers Beach: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pq=smathers+beach+wedding&xhr=t&q=smathers+beach+key+west&cp=15&biw=1440&bih=713&bs=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:05 am

Now you need to put up some wedding pics! Have a great Race to Taste and enjoy the soup (or whatever else you get!)

I'm off for my short long run.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 am

Wow, I love your posts! It must be fun living in Chicago! I can't believe you got that long run in AFTER work! Love the beer picture too!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks guys! I'll post some wedding pics today. I'm sitting under a tree enjoying my Gatorade and bagel. We finished the race and I accidentally started off too fast, running the first mile in 7:10...oops. It got hot out there but I ran an average pace of 7:32, and my Garmin says 23:40...this is a PR for me. I'll post details later! Smile Smile

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Thanks guys! I'll post some wedding picks today. I'm sitting under a tree enjoying my Gatorade and bagel. We finished the race and I accidentally started off too fast, running the first mile in 7:10...oops. It got hot out there but I ran an average pace of 7:32, and my Garmin says 23:40...this is a PR for me. I'll post details later! Smile Smile

23:40 for 5k? Did I read this right? Someone is fast! I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 666742919
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:31 am

Kenny B. wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:Thanks guys! I'll post some wedding picks today. I'm sitting under a tree enjoying my Gatorade and bagel. We finished the race and I accidentally started off too fast, running the first mile in 7:10...oops. It got hot out there but I ran an average pace of 7:32, and my Garmin says 23:40...this is a PR for me. I'll post details later! Smile Smile

23:40 for 5k? Did I read this right? Someone is fast! I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 666742919

Yeah it was a good training run for her. I say that because we decided not to get our butts out of bed until 40 mins before the start of the race. She had no breakfast, no warm-up. Basically we walked to the start the gun went off and we started running. Yes it was a good run but honestly if she truly race this think she could break 22 mins. Just my 2 cents worth but it was fun to run with her this morning before I go out and run again today.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:51 am

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Thanks guys! I'll post some wedding pics today. I'm sitting under a tree enjoying my Gatorade and bagel. We finished the race and I accidentally started off too fast, running the first mile in 7:10...oops. It got hot out there but I ran an average pace of 7:32, and my Garmin says 23:40...this is a PR for me. I'll post details later! Smile Smile

That's awesome!! Great job!!! queen
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks Kenny! I didn't think I had it in me to run that fast, so it was a nice surprise! Like Martin said, we hadn't planned on racing this and treated this like a training run. In fact, we woke up at 8:25 and the race started at 9:00..haha! We didn't eat breakfast or stretch or anything, we just threw on our running clothes and headed to the start. When we got to the start area, I told Martin that I shouldn't have worn my tech tank and asked if he'd hold it. I was much more comfortable in just my sports bra *note to self*. I also had my iPhone with me so that we could meet up with BigDogMom. This scene was funny...you had Martin and I barely getting to the start on time, him holding my tank top in his hand, me holding my iPhone and we ran the whole race like this. Haha!

We started running and I ran the first mile too fast at 7:10 pace, the second mile I was a bit slower as was I in the third mile. At any rate, we finished the race and I really loved running with Martin! We walked over to the vendors and I got a salad, crab ball thingys and piece of whole wheat pizza. No gazpacho soup, daaammit! I jones for that stuff now!

The official result of the race was 23:38 Smile

Looking back, these are my 5K times in races:

Trottin' Around Town 2005 - 27:04, pace 8:44

Detroit Free Press 5K 2005 - 29:43, pace 8:57

Northville Solstice 5K 2007 - 29:24, pace 9:28

Race to Taste 2010 - 26:10, pace 8:25

Race to Taste 2011 - 23:38, pace 7:37

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Wonderful job! Sounded like a really fun morning!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm gonna agree with Schuey that sub-22 is within your grasp, Lisa, especially given that recent training run with the 7:3x's. But then again, I think I remember you saying you weren't racing this race, so for not racing it, that's a pretty damn good time! You're making improvements in leaps and bounds.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:I'm gonna agree with Schuey that sub-22 is within your grasp, Lisa, especially given that recent training run with the 7:3x's. But then again, I think I remember you saying you weren't racing this race, so for not racing it, that's a pretty damn good time! You're making improvements in leaps and bounds.

This was a non-race race. Sort of like on the no plan plan! Not to shabby!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Holy smokes - you are getting fast in a hurry. You might be on to something - getting your head out of your way and just running! Fantastic run I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 424776184

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:31 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:Holy smokes - you are getting fast in a hurry. You might be on to something - getting your head out of your way and just running! Fantastic run I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 424776184

Where did she put her head? scratch
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:40 pm

wow!!!!! Great job!! You are fast!! cheers
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Must be the shoes! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Amazing job Lisa! I'm loving your new found speed. Huge congrats!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Wonderful job! Sounded like a really fun morning!

Thanks Kenny! It really was a fun morning. The vibe in the air is exciting because there's so much activity going on around here. Summertime is my favorite time in Chicago!!

Mike MacLellan wrote:I'm gonna agree with Schuey that sub-22 is within your grasp, Lisa, especially given that recent training run with the 7:3x's. But then again, I think I remember you saying you weren't racing this race, so for not racing it, that's a pretty damn good time! You're making improvements in leaps and bounds.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it! Martin was happy and excited for me at the finish, but he said the next time we'll train for a 5K and actually go out to race it. He said I have a problem with not liking people in front of me. Hahaha! It's true Razz. It's a fun journey and I'm happy I get to share it with all of you here. I love the support from everyone. Smile

John Kilpatrick wrote:Holy smokes - you are getting fast in a hurry. You might be on to something - getting your head out of your way and just running! Fantastic run I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011 - Page 6 424776184

You are right, getting my head out of the way is really helping. I didn't really realize just how much my mind plays into my running. The other constant in the 3 runs were I went into the 7's was that I was iPod free. scratch

Julie wrote:wow!!!!! Great job!! You are fast!! cheers

Julie, you're fast too! How did your long run go? I'm heading over to your blog to find out. Smile

Seth Harrison wrote:Must be the shoes! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Amazing job Lisa! I'm loving your new found speed. Huge congrats!

Haha! I am a firm believer in the Lunaracers Razz Razz Razz. I thought my Wave Rider 14's were the shoes I was going to wear for Chicago, but they aren't. The shoes I'm wearing are the Lunaracers. Thanks for the kind post, Seth! I'm loving the new found speed as well!

Martin and I are sitting on the couch right now watching...wait for it....baseball. Haha! It has been such a great day. We had the race in the morning, came home and got Hana and took her for a nice walk. We had our cups of coffee and sat in the park for a little while and hung out. We came home and grabbed Potbelly and we're heading out for our runs in a little bit.

Martin has 10 he's doing and I have 2. I am SO happy I got the 14 miler done on Friday!!! We'll come home and have some Duckhorn Sauvingon Blanc...perfect for a nice summer day! bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:

The official result of the race was 23:38 Smile

Race to Taste 2010 - 26:10, pace 8:25

Race to Taste 2011 - 23:38, pace 7:37

That's a real great improvement over the year!
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Kenny B. wrote:

This was a non-race race. Sort of like on the no plan plan! Not to shabby!

Funny! Once I was on a "non-committee committee" at school!

Way to go Lisa! I'm so jealous!!!!!! Proud of you girl!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:Thanks guys! I'll post some wedding pics today. I'm sitting under a tree enjoying my Gatorade and bagel. We finished the race and I accidentally started off too fast, running the first mile in 7:10...oops. It got hot out there but I ran an average pace of 7:32, and my Garmin says 23:40...this is a PR for me. I'll post details later! Smile Smile
Sweet! Nice race Lisa! That first mile shows you have some speed in you. Good to see the training is going well for you. Hope to get together with you all soon. I'm heading to my mom's house in Ohio to care for her for a while since she fell again and we may have to set her up with an assisted living facility soon.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:21 pm

It's really great to see the improvement you've made in the 5K over the years. This is a good sign, especially since you weren't training for that race. It's nice to have races like that to boost the confidence in our abilities and training plan. Keep riding that wave of momentum you've built up.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom H Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Wow, nice job! Can't wait to see what you can do when you train for and plan the next one!
Tom H
Tom H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next