365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I know I'll have a "Perfect" Training Cycle - Chicago, 2011

Post  ChasMcG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Great job! You are getting stronger! I know how much you love to run with Martin. He's very supportive. He got me to a PR in Bayshore! And I believe when he broke off with me and picked you up, you got a PR too! I still have pics of you guys coming around the track!

Great run tonight!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

That is awesome!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Tom H wrote:Er, Schuey. Remember she is the enemy. You are on different teams. Wedding rings don't apply here. You belong to the team for running purposes. Don't give in to the Dark Side . . .

Mwahahaha....come over to the dark side......mwahahaha...hahah! Heeehee, this is fun.....powers at work here Razz

Mike MacLellan wrote:I'm going to let you in on a secret. You impressed the pants off your husband today, whether he's told you or not. I know that for me - and I think this extends to the Bull, as well - there is no time during which I find my ladyfriend more attractive than when I start ramping up the pace on the bike and she's not just holding my wheel, but right there next to me. Now, do with this information what you will. Very Happy

Mike, that has to be the neatest, sweetest post! Wink Thanks for letting me in on that secret.....I'm taking it in and enjoying it and stashing it away into my mind. Seriously, a way cool response Smile

ChasMcG wrote:Great job! You are getting stronger! I know how much you love to run with Martin. He's very supportive. He got me to a PR in Bayshore! And I believe when he broke off with me and picked you up, you got a PR too! I still have pics of you guys coming around the track!

Great run tonight!

Chasbacca....I will never forget the airplane story at Bayshore. I am looking SO forward to next year at Bayshore! It will be such a fun time!!! Maybe I'll get you to eat chub (the fish, people!) and walk down the sand dunes???
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:

That is awesome!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA! OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I had just posted my response to Chas and saw that picture sitting above my post! AHAHAHAHA lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Thank you for posting that.....man, I miss that show!

Hey! What did the five fingers say to the face??
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 pm

NO WAY! You're nuts!

Let's make someone that has never experienced "the chub" try it for us. We could say that it's a initiation! Who will it be???
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 pm

ChasMcG wrote:NO WAY! You're nuts!

Let's make someone that has never experienced "the chub" try it for us. We could say that it's a initiation! Who will it be???

Hahahaha! Fair enough! Hmmm...who could we initiate?? Let's think about this one and see who we can get to run Bayshore next spring..... bounce bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Heading out soon to do my first run in the Nike Lunaracers. I had to send the original pair back (10.5) because my orthotics did not fit into them and they were too small. I received my new pair today (11.0 - I know, I have gunboats for feet Smile ) and will take them for a test drive now.
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 pm

We must be twins separated at birth (except I was the only baby in the small hospital at the time!) but we are the same height...

sleep deprivation at its best ruins my already poor sense of humor.

Anyway, great job at the 9:00-9:14 pace, you are getting tougher and faster and you're going to have an awesome marathon!

I ran one marathon with my husband and then he kind of stopped running. I think he has the potential to be much faster than I am but until we have a little more time, he just bikes to work every day and saves us gas $$...
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Hard time catching up lately, but you have come along way since I last read. Keep up the great work.
Michele "1L" Keane
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Your feet are as big as mine Laughing
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Julie wrote:We must be twins separated at birth (except I was the only baby in the small hospital at the time!) but we are the same height...

sleep deprivation at its best ruins my already poor sense of humor.

Anyway, great job at the 9:00-9:14 pace, you are getting tougher and faster and you're going to have an awesome marathon!

I ran one marathon with my husband and then he kind of stopped running. I think he has the potential to be much faster than I am but until we have a little more time, he just bikes to work every day and saves us gas $$...

Funny you mention the separated at birth! I told Martin you and I have lots in common. It's nice having someone close to the same weight goal, too, so we can keep each other on track and hold each other accountable. Thanks for the props on my run, you're doing great too!!!

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Hard time catching up lately, but you have come along way since I last read. Keep up the great work.

Michele, thank you! You know, when I get compliments from you and take them to heart. I means a lot to have you say I've come a long way and I really appreciate it! flower flower

Mike MacLellan wrote:Your feet are as big as mine Laughing
Mike, you have a way with words..hahaha! I'm glad to know I have man feet! Haha! Told ya I have gunboats for feet....all I'm missing is the flag on the front. At least that's what my dad used to tell me when I was growing up. He also told me that I was like one of those inflatable clown punching bag things...you know, the things that you punch back and then they pop right back up? Hahaha! (no, I never got punched Razz )
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm

I have a lot of blogs to catch up on tonight, and I'll be doing that shortly.

I have to tell you that tonight's run ROCKED! Yes, I LOVE MY NEW LUNARACERS!!!!!! I felt light on my feet...Kenny, I wasn't hovering tonight...I was
H-O-V-E-R-I-N-G!

Martin and I headed out for my 5 mile run and the weather was nice. It was a little humid, but nothing too bad. We started out and I just felt good and strong...I knew it was going to be a good run. I told him that I loved the way my shoes felt and we kept going. I did not look at my watch once...he looked at his every so often and at one point he said, "are you feeling good tonight?" I said, "yep, feeling good!". We got to 2.5 miles and turned around and headed home. We briefly stopped for some water at the water fountain and he said, "I want the same effort from you on the way back". I started to run and then it dawned on me: I must be running fast...what did he mean by effort? Did he look at my pace and I'm doing good and I'm running fast and I have to keep running fast? I had a million thoughts flood my head at one time. I started to breathe heavier and I kept telling myself, "this is that mental thing you need to work on. You're fine. You're not going to die. You're capable. Clear the mechanism. "Calm, relax" (like Desi says). I started to calm down and kept running. We finished up the last mile slower and got home. I felt like I ran around 8:30/40 - 8:50 for most of the run. To my surprise......

1 00:09:03
2 00:07:55
3 00:07:36
4 00:07:31
5 00:08:43
Total: 41:01

I have NEVER run a mile at 7:36, let alone 7:31! Yeah, I'm keeping the shoes! Haha! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

wow!! bounce cheers Surprised Smile Very Happy

Ok I tried to find some emoticons for you since you like them. But seriously, that is some crazy fast running and it's not the shoes, YOU did the running. 7-something miles? Awesome!

Do you really think it was the shoes helping that much? Mine are kind of heavy, maybe that's my problem... Very Happy
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:I have a lot of blogs to catch up on tonight, and I'll be doing that shortly.

I have to tell you that tonight's run ROCKED! Yes, I LOVE MY NEW LUNARACERS!!!!!! I felt light on my feet...Kenny, I wasn't hovering tonight...I was
H-O-V-E-R-I-N-G!

Martin and I headed out for my 5 mile run and the weather was nice. It was a little humid, but nothing too bad. We started out and I just felt good and strong...I knew it was going to be a good run. I told him that I loved the way my shoes felt and we kept going. I did not look at my watch once...he looked at his every so often and at one point he said, "are you feeling good tonight?" I said, "yep, feeling good!". We got to 2.5 miles and turned around and headed home. We briefly stopped for some water at the water fountain and he said, "I want the same effort from you on the way back". I started to run and then it dawned on me: I must be running fast...what did he mean by effort? Did he look at my pace and I'm doing good and I'm running fast and I have to keep running fast? I had a million thoughts flood my head at one time. I started to breathe heavier and I kept telling myself, "this is that mental thing you need to work on. You're fine. You're not going to die. You're capable. Clear the mechanism. "Calm, relax" (like Desi says). I started to calm down and kept running. We finished up the last mile slower and got home. I felt like I ran around 8:30/40 - 8:50 for most of the run. To my surprise......

1 00:09:03
2 00:07:55
3 00:07:36
4 00:07:31
5 00:08:43
Total: 41:01

I have NEVER run a mile at 7:36, let alone 7:31! Yeah, I'm keeping the shoes! Haha! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Is this the same person who was pumped to hit paces in the low 8s a week or so ago? Now you hit a 7:36 and THEN a 7:31? That is fantastic. Great job!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Julie wrote:wow!! bounce cheers Surprised Smile Very Happy

Ok I tried to find some emoticons for you since you like them. But seriously, that is some crazy fast running and it's not the shoes, YOU did the running. 7-something miles? Awesome!

Do you really think it was the shoes helping that much? Mine are kind of heavy, maybe that's my problem... Very Happy

Thanks Julie! Can you believe it?? I couldn't! I think it was a combo of both...well, maybe more me, but having some nice and light shoes on helped. I told myself I was fast because of the shoes....it apparently worked! Hahaha!!! BTW, thanks for the emoticons, you know I love them! bounce bounce sunny sunny I love you
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote: Is this the same person who was pumped to hit paces in the low 8s a week or so ago? Now you hit a 7:36 and THEN a 7:31? That is fantastic. Great job!

Yep, the same person...haha! I'm still on cloud 9 right now. I can't believe I ran that fast and I thought I was running slower than that. That's a great sign!

The "cool down" mile used to be a hard pace for me and when we finished, Martin asked me what pace I thought I was at and I told him it felt like a 9:45 - 10:00.

I'm excited about this, because if I keep training at this weight, when I get to my goal weight the paces will become even easier. This is actually a fun process. I know not every time will be a great run, but this one really was! Thanks for the kudos!
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rhondda h on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am

You get my first post. You're amazing and I don't just mean those...7's!!!!!!!
rhondda h

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

That's it...I'm going out to by a pair of Lunaracers!!!

We know of course that it ain't the shoes! You're unbelievable!!!
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 am

rhondda h wrote:You get my first post. You're amazing and I don't just mean those...7's!!!!!!!
Rhondda, I am so touched and beyond honored that you made your first post here. You are such a strong woman and you have a way of inspiring people that is just indescribable. You've touched a lot of us here and continue to do so. The truly amazing person is you! I'm really happy to see you here! I love you I love you Very Happy Very Happy

Seth Harrison wrote:That's it...I'm going out to by a pair of Lunaracers!!!

We know of course that it ain't the shoes! You're unbelievable!!!

Thank you Seth! I am a very big fan of the Lunaracers! Haha! In all seriousness, I appreciate your compliment. I'm learning from the best around here, including you!
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 am

Holy cow! Look at those 7:30's!! I can't even do that in a 5K race, let alone a training run! YOu will rock your 5K on Sunday!
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

View user profile http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 am

WOW!!! GREAT RUN!!! You're kicking ass!
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:56 am

I don't think it is the shoes it is your Hovering technique that made all the difference. I'm hovering here I;m hovering!

Great job with the splits someone got some speed going for hereself. Where did that come from? Oh the hovering!
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Awesome job with those splits. It's a great feeling when you see what you've just thrown down. Keep going strong.
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks Peg, Chasbacca, Kenny and Alex, I appreciate you stopping in and keeping me encouraged. It really means a lot and seriously, it keeps me pushing on when I want to stop. Thank you! I love you bounce

Well, a 14 miler in the books! Woo! I'm not going to lie, it was tough. We picked Hana up from the groomers after I got home from a crappy day at work. We got home and headed out; it was 6pm and Martin and I looked at each other like, 'do we really want to do this?" We started out, ran past the Taste, headed north on the lake path, over to the Riverwalk, south on the path, over to Northerly Island and it was around 8 miles and I said to Martin, "I'm so sorry I'm making you run this with me. I've got to be going around 11:30 pace, I just can't move my legs any further and I really don't think 14 is happening tonight." He told me that it was alright and that he's proud of me for getting out there after a hard week of running and covering the distance I had thus far. We stopped to get some water and started running again. We popped out onto the road and ran parallel to Soldier Field and our watches clicked at 9 miles. He asked if I was ready to turn around and I said, "no, I have a long run to do, let's get all 14 in". I'm not going to lie, I was hurting - but in a good way. Instantly, I thought to myself: Gumball Head! I am running for my Gumball Head (which, if you don't know, is the best beer around). Mmmmm...pizza and beer...I can get this done! Guess what? We did! And when we stopped, Martin said, "look at the history on your watch and tell me what you think of your splits". I did...would you know I ran all freaking 14 miles at an average pace of 9:20?!

We got home and headed up to our local wine/beer shop - Chas, it's the place we went to to get beer after Chicago 2009 across the street from us. I was on Gumball Head mission! I get there and....they didn't have any Sad However, it was like it was meant to be, because we got a new beer to try: Hop Wallop (I I love you hoppy beer!). We get home and Martin says excitedly....."Lisa! This beer says 'Victory for your taste! It's made by Victory Brewing! How appropriate!" Things happen for a reason....there's a reason I chose this one and let me tell you, it tastes damn good!

Following are my splits:

1 00:09:08
2 00:09:17
3 00:09:11
4 00:09:47 Garmin got screwed up on Riverwalk
5 00:09:12
6 00:09:15
7 00:09:33
8 00:09:26
9 00:09:42
10 00:09:04
11 00:08:58
12 00:09:11
13 00:09:25
14 00:09:34
Total: 2:10:52

Here's my beer Very Happy Very Happy

Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:11 am

I remember that place! Great job and everything does happen for a reason. VICTORY! Nice! 14 miles on a Friday night? You totally deserve that beer girl. This is my party night. As I sit here on 365 Smile
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top