365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open

+2
Michele "1L" Keane
KBFitz
6 posters

Go down

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open Empty Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open

Post  KBFitz Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

For those of you who may be interested in the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run on April 1, 2012 in the nation's capital, participants will be selected by lottery. The lottery entrance period is now open and will close just before midnight (EST) this Friday. ENTRY INFO HERE.

Please post a reply to this thread if you are interested in running this race and gaining entrance through the lottery. Why? I have a guaranteed entry that's transferable. I can also enter the lottery. If I get in and someone else who would like to run does not, we've got one transferable guaranteed entry that can come to the rescue. All I need is one member of these boards who will be entering the lottery for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run ... then I'll enter the lottery too and we'll raise our collective chances. Bon chance!

Last edited by KBFitz on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open Empty Re: Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I just entered the lottery as I have always wanted to run this one. Perfect timing for a race before Boston. I've been told that it is a good course and that you can run well if you are up front, and I don't have a 10 mile time to be "seeded" jsut half marathon times that put me well within the seeded time frame. Maybe I'll send an email to them with those times.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open Empty Re: Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open

Post  KBFitz Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Cool, Michele ... I just entered the lottery. Me thinks our chances are pretty good.

What you've been told about the course is true. As far as being placed in the 'seeded' corral - I ran (poorly) only two ten milers this year and none last year ... so I entered my (much better) half marathon time from Sept 2010 when I registered (in addition to the sub-par 10 mile recent best). I'm hoping that will do the trick as far as corral placement. Since you don't have a ten mile time, you should be good-to-go if you submitted your best half time on the entry form. In addition to being a fast / flat course without much congestion for runners at the front, the race directors are very good in properly placing runners according to prior race times.

Bon chance!
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

I also emailed the race director inquiring about a seeded number with my half times, and I told that it looked good and to make sure to enter the lottery. I won't be able to get into DC until early the evening before due to a commitment, but I guess I can have you pick up my number (or have it mailed home). In the past, some ATC members have received comp'd numbers to this race, so I might score one that way as well. (I run comparable times to the women who received these numbers last year, but they work in the ATC office.)
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  KBFitz Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 am

Don't have your bib mailed ... I'm working bib distribution. See PM. Cheers, k
KBFitz
KBFitz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 am

Ah, I'm bummed I won't be there for this one. I've run CB10 twice and it is a fantastic race. It is the one race in the Mid-Atlantic region that brings in true elites and it is stunning to see a whole group of 59 minute half guys blasting away up at the front. The course is set up so that you get to see those elites pass on the other side of the road twice during the race - pretty inspiring. When Dave was here I got to see him mixing it up with our local running store team sub-elites while I was running my own race a lot further back. Plus since it is a flat and wide open course and everyone who is decently fast runs it around here, you have tons of company pushing you to a fast time. Just know that when you see that Washington Monument in the distance as you round Hains Point, yes that is the finish line but you still have a couple of miles of work left to do including a very slight uphill right before the flat/down finish.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I just entered the lottery as I have always wanted to run this one. Perfect timing for a race before Boston. I've been told that it is a good course and that you can run well if you are up front, and I don't have a 10 mile time to be "seeded" jsut half marathon times that put me well within the seeded time frame. Maybe I'll send an email to them with those times.

I thought it was one of the fastest courses I've ever run. The set-up is perfec to treat the first 3 as a moderate warmup, followed by a nice out and back without a lot of turns or elevation changes. The streets are wide and course support is fantastic.

I am 50/50 but would love to make it back this year.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Please sticky the sign up date for 2013. I'd love to race in DC, especially since I won't be able to race Boston 2013(run,yes) during my (hopeful) build up to Comrades 2013.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I just entered the lottery as I have always wanted to run this one. Perfect timing for a race before Boston. I've been told that it is a good course and that you can run well if you are up front, and I don't have a 10 mile time to be "seeded" jsut half marathon times that put me well within the seeded time frame. Maybe I'll send an email to them with those times.

I thought it was one of the fastest courses I've ever run. The set-up is perfec to treat the first 3 as a moderate warmup, followed by a nice out and back without a lot of turns or elevation changes. The streets are wide and course support is fantastic.

I am 50/50 but would love to make it back this year.

Sounds perfect as I assuem that it is not completely flat. Anyway, I emailed the RD and I can get a seeded entry, so I am psyched.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Not Chicago flat but not Boston hilly either. See below. That downhill at 1.75 or so is coming off of the bridge to run down towards GTown and that's where it is really easy to start mashing it pace-wise. Also happens to be where you see the elites so I find myself flying along there. The below sea level stuff might look like an error but much of DC is below sea level, although probably not quite as dramatic as that spike shows. The nasty little hill at the end is tough but you can see and definitely hear the finish line area so that carries you through. It is a great race:

Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run 2012 Lottery Now Open Cb10_e10
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Bummer. I would have liked to do this but my son is spending a semester abroad this spring (israel)
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down