365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Second

5 posters

Go down

1 Second

1 Second Vote_lcap0%1 Second Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
1 Second Vote_lcap100%1 Second Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

1 Second Empty 1 Second

Post  Jerry Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 am

Assuming 1lbs lighter is 2 seconds per mile faster for a marathon. Is it more or less or equal to 1 second per mile for a half?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

1 Second Empty Re: 1 Second

Post  Jerry Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 am

I can't edit the poll? scratch
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 am

Jerry wrote:I can't edit the poll? scratch
Stop messing with your poll, Jerry. lol! lol! lol!

PS - what freaking emoticon do you want me to vote for?

I like this one:

=1
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 pm

I don't know how the heck to vote on this thing. 2 seconds is 2 seconds regardless of length of race in my book. Nobody ever said that the 2 seconds was just for a marathon.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Jerry you crack my shit up dude! You put way to much thought into this stuff or maybe you are just messing with everyone. Really I just keep things simple and by that I mean when I race I race my ass off to the best of my ability that day! I really don't care about how much I weigh on the day that I'm racing or for that matter of fact any day between. As long as I'm healthy and I feel healthy that is all I care about.

Unless one is over weight for their age and height, I really don't think one should really be concern about weight. And something tells me Jerry that you are nowhere close to being over weight buddy. Plus even if you loss a few more pounds I will still kick your butt in a race Smile Smile
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Schuey wrote:Jerry you crack my shit up dude! You put way to much thought into this stuff or maybe you are just messing with everyone. Really I just keep things simple and by that I mean when I race I race my ass off to the best of my ability that day! I really don't care about how much I weigh on the day that I'm racing or for that matter of fact any day between. As long as I'm healthy and I feel healthy that is all I care about.

Unless one is over weight for their age and height, I really don't think one should really be concern about weight. And something tells me Jerry that you are nowhere close to being over weight buddy. Plus even if you loss a few more pounds I will still kick your butt in a race Smile Smile

You do know the right timing to poke Jerry. I will remember that when things get hard tomorrow.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Jerry wrote:
Schuey wrote:Jerry you crack my shit up dude! You put way to much thought into this stuff or maybe you are just messing with everyone. Really I just keep things simple and by that I mean when I race I race my ass off to the best of my ability that day! I really don't care about how much I weigh on the day that I'm racing or for that matter of fact any day between. As long as I'm healthy and I feel healthy that is all I care about.

You do know the right timing to poke Jerry. I will remember that when things get hard tomorrow.

Jerry you know I love you man! Just trying to keep you loose and to remind you that you need to forget about all the BS and just go out and run your ass off! You already know you can just believe in yourself Jerry!

Hey if you want to poke fun poke fun at me. I had a tough time on my 30 mile run today that took me 3:45 to finish. Put it this way the last 5 miles were not pretty or fun.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Schuey wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Jerry you know I love you man! Just trying to keep you loose and to remind you that you need to forget about all the BS and just go out and run your ass off! You already know you can just believe in yourself Jerry!

Hey if you want to poke fun poke fun at me. I had a tough time on my 30 mile run today that took me 3:45 to finish. Put it this way the last 5 miles were not pretty or fun.

Don't pretend to be a nice guy now. Had you and Tim not post your 7% body fat, I wouldn't care this much about my weight etc etc. lol!

Anyhow, I am at the lowest since I started marathoning. Hahaha.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:39 pm

According to the McMillan Running Calculator, a 1 second difference in MP corresponds to a greater-than-1 second difference in HMP. Makes sense, if you think about it.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum